Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun ~ Feeling Lucky?

Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun~
"Your mission tonight, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Go to http://www.google.com/ and enter a search term and click on the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.

2) Try your name, your local society, favorite genealogy terms, whatever you want. Do at least three, and as many as you want if you have time. Be creative! Have fun!

3) What did you learn from this exercise?

4) Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, as a comment to this post, or as a Note or comment on Facebook.


Soooo, First I am googling my name, lets see what we get....Never done this before!

That was fun, I googled my name "Kelly Holderbaum" and Feelin Lucky popped me into the Holderbaum Family Genealogy Forum at Genealogy.com, where I have posted and answered queries. Googling "Kelly Coghan Holderbaum" popped me right into my Facebook page.

Next I googled Summit County Genealogical Society, up popped The Summit County Historical Society web page.

According to WhitePages.com, when I googled my husband, I have 9 of them in the US.

Genealogy took me to the FHL web page.

Tombstone took me to a web page about the 1993 Tombstone movie!

The Feeling Lucky button at Google is fun, what did you find?

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment