In January another Genealogy Friend and I decided to make a list of our Genealogical Research Goals. I had Data, Research, Writing, Education and "Other" goals on my list.
Here were my Research and my Education Goals for the year:
1. Make 12 request for documents/microfilm
Ordered 3 Monroe County, OH Newspaper microfilms from OHS, ordered 3 estates from Wayne County, OH, ordered final pension payment voucher from NARA, ordered two land files from NARA
2. Order 1 German microfilm on Rheinlander or Shafferman family
3. Go on at least one research trip
Went to Hancock County, OH did research in the Library and Cannonsburg Cemetery
4. Go to at least one new research repository
1. Attend at least one conference/workshop
Attended Craig Scott's Military Research Day in PA
2. Keep up to date with the NGS Quarterly
3. Read 3 new skill books & apply what learned
4. Watch the APG, BCG & NGS Lectures online
Do you have any Genealogy Goals for the year? How are you doing on your goals?