Friday, June 4, 2010

52 Weeks To Better Genealogy - Challenge #22 FindaGrave

This week's challenge was to explore FindaGrave. I love FindaGrave! There are so many cemeteries and so little time, as I say on my FB page! I know one thing I can do is improve on some of my pages. I did go through on some of the pages and add individual information on the people if known and photos of them.
I also like to browse the cemeteries in my area and try to make a trip if someone needs a photo, especially if I have one of my requests filled around the country. The Volunteers are awesome and are so helpful in trying to get what you need.
For Summit County, Ohio they list 122 cemeteries. It would be interesting to take their list and compare it to our Summit County OGS cemetery list!
FindaGrave is a great thing for the Genealogy Community. If you are going to a cemetery, I suggest that you check FindaGrave and see if you could fulfill a photo request and find an ancestor for someone!
Kelly
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=9075348

No comments:

Post a Comment