Saturday, January 26, 2013

513th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 17th Airborne Division

As I mentioned in my last post, my goal is to write more this year. I want to tell my ancestors stories, the funny, the ugly and everything in between!  One of the things that has interested me a lot is my Grandpa's war story.  He never wanted to talk about the war, not that I blamed him. So from following the clues that have been left behind, I have been reconstructing his story.  I have been blessed to have my Grandma and family around to help fill in some of those things.  Postcards and a thin document trail have led to more discoveries.  If only Grandma never burned the letters they wrote!! sigh.  So as I learn, get ready to learn all you can about the Headquarters Company, Third Battalion, 513th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 17th Airborne Division!

This is an awesome website to check out: http://www.ww2-airborne.us/units/513/513.html

http://youtu.be/ev6FIlexpsE

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment